Thessaloniki to Meteora Holidays by Train
Thessaloniki to Meteora Holidays by Train
Escape from Thessaloniki and step into the charming alternative universe that is called Meteora. A flexible round-trip through a UNESCO World Heritage site. From watching the sun slip into slumber behind the gigantic rocks to discovering why hermits settled in ancient caves thousands of years ago. Your local guide has a pocket full of secrets waiting to be unleashed.
Redeem your e-ticket for the 08:18 departure from Thessaloniki’s railway station to Kalampaka and travel on your own. Embark on a scenic train ride through the Greek countryside and admire the beautiful landscapes. Around 11:30 you will arrive in Kalampaka’s train station where our tour guide will be waiting for you, holding a signboard with your name, to transfer you to your hotel. In the evening we will pick you up from your hotel for the “Amazing Meteora Sunset” tour, which will become a truly unforgettable experience for you. Then you will have free time to explore the city of Kalampaka.
Next morning at 09:00 we will pick you up from your hotel to take you on your prefered tour (“Meteora’s Wonder Tour” or “Hidden Trails of Meteora”). During this tour you will have the opportunity to admire Meteora’s spectacular landscape, view the monasteries and learn all about the place’s history and myths directly from the locals. Then around 13:00 the minibus will drop you off back to your hotel. The afternoon you have free time to fully explore the area on your own.
In the next morning, you are free to explore on your own the town of Kalampaka or the nearby Kastraki village. We will provide you with tips and suggestions in order to make your stay wonderful. Finally, at 16:45 we will transfer you back to Kalampaka’s train station for your trip back to Thessaloniki. The train’s departure is at 17:15 and it’s arrival in Thessaloniki is at 20:30.
- 2 nights accommodation at a 3-star Hotel (including breakfast)
- 2 dinners at your Hotel
- Roundtrip train tickets from/to Thessaloniki
- Includes the Amazing Meteora Sunset tour (1st day)
- Includes one tour or activity of your choice (2nd day)
- Pick up/Drop off from Kalampaka train station and your hotel in Kalampaka
- English speaking local tour guide
- All taxes included
- Transfer to Thessaloniki’s railway station
- Entrance fees of each monastery (3 EUR per person)
- Professional tour guide (available upon request)
- Personal travel insurance
- Lunch and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Departure: Thessaloniki’s Railway Station
- Meeting point: Kalampaka’s Train Station
- The train e-tickets will be sent to your email after the booking’s confirmation.
- The monasteries of Meteora impose a strict dress code. Men must wear long trousers. Women must wear long skirts and cover their shoulders. *Skirts are also provided at the entrance of each monastery.
1st Class Seats
The train e-tickets are issued on 2nd class seats. If you wish to upgrade them to 1st class seats you may choose to add to your basket the 1st Class Seats add-on that will pop-up on your screen before you complete the booking.
*1st class seats are often unavailable. You will not be charged at the moment for this upgrade. We will first try to book a 1st class seat for you and if so you will pay the difference upon arrival. We will notify you via email.
Cancellations received within 30 days of departure will incur a penalty of 100% of the e-train ticket’s value. Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% of the tour ticket’s value. Cancellations received within 24 hours of departure will incur a penalty of 100% of the tour ticket’s value. No shows forfeit the entire ticket’s value. Unused features, extras or add-ons are non-refundable.
I just traveled there with my friends just before my birthday and it was absolutely amazing. The bus was clean and comfortable, our guide super friendly and kind and always on time. Thank you Meteora Trip.
This tour company was amazing! The sprinter was brand new, comfortable and air conditioned. Our tour guide was the sweetest young lady. I would highly recommend this tour company! You will not be disappointed!