Private Meteora Sunset Tour
Private Meteora Sunset Tour
The sun is setting on the horizon. You are standing on top of the world to witness Meteora’s breathtaking sunset. A truly one in a lifetime experience. Book this private sunset tour and explore nature’s unsolved mysteries and unexplained miracles.
- Convenient pick-up from your hotel in Kalabaka or Kastraki
- Witness one of the most breathtaking sunsets you will ever see
- See all six monasteries and admire the interior of one of them
- Visit the Byzantine church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary
- Learn the history and legends of Meteora directly from a local
- Visit the thousand years old hermitages of Bandovas
- Explore the picturesque old district of Kalabaka
- Capture some jaw-dropping photos
- Experience the panoramic views
- Transfer with a VIP van or minibus
Book this extraordinary private sunset tour to Meteora and fully experience this true marvel with it’s majestic monasteries and ancient rock formations. Accompanied by a knowledgeable local guide you will learn all about Meteora’s history and myths.
The tour starts with a convenient pick-up (with our luxurious and comfortable van or minibus) from your hotel in Kalabaka or Kastraki.
During this private tour you will have the opportunity to see all six majestic monasteries and admire the interior of one of them. You will also view some of Meteora’s most spectacular “hidden gems” like the ancient hermitages of Bandovas, the Byzantine church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary and the picturesque old district of Kalabaka.
Last but not least, you will enjoy the breathtaking panoramic views, capture some amazing photos and witness one of the most breathtaking sunsets you will ever see.
- Pick up/Drop off from your hotel in Kalabaka or Kastraki
- Transfer with a luxurious van or minibus
- A 4-hour (approx.) Meteora Tour
- English-Speaking local guide
- Free Wi-Fi in the bus
- All taxes
- Entrance fees of the monastery (3 euros per person)
- Entrance fees of the Byzantine Church (2 euros per person)
- Guided tour inside the monasteries (available upon request)
Worry-free bookings with our 24 hour free cancellation policy. Cancel your booking at least 24 hours before the tour’s starting time and be eligible for a full refund. *If you do not show up for the tour or fail to cancel at least 24 hours in advance, you will not be liable for a refund.
- We suggest that you bring with you appropriate clothing/footwear, your camera or smartphone and money for the monasteries entrance fees.
- The monasteries of Meteora impose a strict dress code. Men must wear long trousers. Women must wear long skirts and cover their shoulders. *Skirts are also provided at the entrance of each monastery.
From October 30 to February 28 | Start Time: 14:00
From March 1 to March 26 | Start Time: 14:30
From March 27 to April 30 | Start Time: 16:00
From May 1 to August 31 | Start Time: 16:30
From September 1 to September 30 | Start Time: 16:00
From October 1 to October 29 | Start Time: 15:00