Private Meteora Hiking Tour
Private Meteora Hiking Tour
Pack your camera and hiking gear and prepare to experience Meteora like a true local. Walk through nature’s playground in one of the world’s most popular UNESCO sites. Explore a truly unique geological phenomenon which is surrounded by breathtaking flora and fauna, hidden ancient monastery ruins like Ypapanti, and caves previously inhabited by monks.
- Convenient pick-up from your hotel in Kalabaka or Kastraki
- Follow the 15 centuries old footsteps of the first monks
- Walk through “hidden trails” that only the locals know
- Discover the “hidden” monastery of Ypapanti
- View the ancient Ruins of St. Dimitrios
- Visit the monastery of Great Meteoron or Varlaam
- Learn the history and legends directly from a local
- Experience the breathtaking panoramic views
- Capture some jaw-dropping photos
Book this private hiking tour to Meteora and fully experience this true marvel accompanied by a knowledgeable local mountain guide. After a convenient pick-up (with our luxurious and comfortable van or minibus) from your hotel in Kalabaka or Kastraki the hike starts from the foothills of Meteora.
During this private tour you will have the opportunity to follow the 15 centuries old footsteps of the first monks by walking through “hidden trails” that only the locals know.
You will discover the jaw-dropping “hidden” monastery of Ypapanti and view the ancient Ruins of St. Dimitrios. Additionally you will visit the monastery of Great Meteoron or Varlaam (depending on the day of the hike) and learn all about the history and legends directly from your local mountain guide.
Last but not least, you will have the time to enjoy the breathtaking panoramic views and capture some amazing photos that you will cherish forever.
- Pick up/Drop off from your hotel in Kalabaka or Kastraki
- Transfer to/from the starting trail with a luxurious VIP minibus
- A 4-hour (approx.) Private Meteora Hiking Tour
- English-Speaking local mountain guide
- All taxes
- Entrance fees of each monastery (3 euros per person)
- Guided tour inside the monasteries (available upon request)
Worry-free bookings with our 24 hour free cancellation policy. Cancel your booking at least 24 hours before the tour’s starting time and be eligible for a full refund. *If you do not show up for the tour or fail to cancel at least 24 hours in advance, you will not be liable for a refund.
- Distance: 7km
- Elevation: 200m
- We suggest that you bring with you appropriate clothing/footwear, your camera or smartphone and money for the monasteries entrance fees.
- The monasteries of Meteora impose a strict dress code. Men must wear long trousers. Women must wear long skirts and cover their shoulders. *Skirts are also provided at the entrance of each monastery.