Meteora’s Wonder - Morning Tour
Meteora’s Wonder - Morning Tour
Join this classic, authentic tour in Meteora and meet its most cherished local legends through the eyes of a local. Explore centuries-old monasteries, enjoy the breathtaking panoramic views and discover unearthing hidden gems most travelers don’t know about.
- See all six monasteries and admire the interior of three of them
- Convenient pick-up from your hotel in Kalabaka or Kastraki
- Learn the history and legends directly from a local
- See the magnificent St. George “Mandilas” cave
- View the ancient Chapel of Doupiani
- Experience the panoramic views
- Capture breathtaking photos
- Transfer with a VIP minibus
Join this morning sightseeing tour to Meteora and fully experience this true wonder accompanied by a knowledgeable local guide. The tour starts with a convenient pick-up (with our VIP minibus) from your hotel in Kalabaka or Kastraki.
During this guided tour you will have the opportunity to see all six magnificent monasteries and admire the interior of three of them. Additionally, view some of Meteora’s most spectacular hidden gems like the ancient Chapel of Doupiani and the magnificent St. George “Mandilas” cave.
You will also discover the “other side” of Meteora, like the truth about why the hermits settled in these imposing caves a thousand years ago and how the monks achieved the “impossible”.
Last but not least, take the opportunity to enjoy the breathtaking panoramic views and capture some amazing photos that you will cherish forever.
- Pick up/Drop off from your hotel in Kalabaka or Kastraki
- Transfer with a luxury VIP minibus
- A 4-hour (approx.) Meteora Tour
- English-Speaking local guide
- Free Wi-Fi in the bus
- All taxes
- Entrance fees of each monastery (3 euros per person)
- Guided tour inside the monasteries (available upon request)
Worry-free bookings with our 24 hour free cancellation policy. Cancel your booking at least 24 hours before the tour’s starting time and be eligible for a full refund. *If you do not show up for the tour or fail to cancel at least 24 hours in advance, you will not be liable for a refund.
- We suggest that you bring with you appropriate clothing/footwear, your camera or smartphone and money for the monasteries entrance fees.
- The monasteries of Meteora impose a strict dress code. Men must wear long trousers. Women must wear long skirts and cover their shoulders. *Skirts are also provided at the entrance of each monastery.
Q: Do excursions with vehicles include baby car seats?
A: Baby car seats are available in the destinations that it is legally required. When you book the activity, please don’t forget to mention how old your child is in the comment’s section.
Q: I don’t know if I’ll get to the tour on time. Will they wait for me if I’m late?
A: Group tours always leave on time and unfortunately it is impossible to modify the time of their departure. Regarding the private tours, please contact us if you would like to modify the departure’s time before you book the tour.
Q: What happens if it rains or there is bad weather?
A: All tours will take place throughout the year ordinarily, even if it rains. If the weather conditions are extreme (a snow storm for example) and we will need to cancel the tour, we will notify you and you will have the option to either be fully refunded or to participate in the tour in another day.