Athens to Meteora Overnight
Athens to Meteora Overnight
The sun sets. The sun rises. You’re still here in Meteora on this extraordinary overnight adventure. Greet the day under history’s most magnificent geological mysteries. Admire Meteora’s spectacular landscape, view the monasteries and learn all about the place’s history and myths directly from the locals. Take a walk through history and savor the flavor of nature.
Redeem your e-ticket for the 07:20 train departure from Athens railway station to Kalampaka and travel on your own. Embark on a scenic train ride through the Greek countryside and admire the beautiful landscapes. At 11:30 you will arrive at Kalampaka’s train station, where our tour guide will be waiting for you, holding a signboard with your name to transfer you to your hotel. In the evening we will pick you up from your hotel for the “Amazing Meteora Sunset” tour, which will become an unforgettable experience. Then you will have free time to explore the area.
Next morning at 09:00 we will pick you up from your hotel to take you on your prefered tour (between “Meteora’s Wonder Tour” or “Hidden Trails of Meteora”). During this tour you will have the opportunity to admire Meteora’s spectacular landscape, view the monasteries and learn all about the place’s history and myths directly from the locals. At 16:45 the minibus will transfer you back to Kalampaka’s train station for your trip back to Athens. The train departs at 17:15 and arrives in Athens at 21:25.
- Roundtrip train tickets from Athens to Meteora
- Accommodation at a 3 or 4 star hotel (including breakfast)
- Includes our Amazing Meteora Sunset tour
- Includes one tour or activity of your choice
- Pick up/Drop off from Kalampaka’s train station and your hotel in Kalampaka
- English speaking local tour guide
- Free Wi-Fi in the bus
- All taxes included
- Transfer to Athen’s railway station
- Entrance fees of each monastery (3 EUR per person)
- Professional tour guide (available upon request)
- Meals and drinks
- Personal travel insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
- The monasteries of Meteora impose a strict dress code. Men must wear long trousers. Women must wear long skirts and cover their shoulders. *Skirts are also provided at the entrance of each monastery.
- The train e-tickets will be sent to your email after the booking’s confirmation.
1st Class Seats
The train e-tickets are issued on 2nd class seats. If you wish to upgrade them to 1st class seats you may choose to add to your basket the 1st Class Seats add-on that will pop-up on your screen before you complete the booking.
*1st class seats are often unavailable. You will not be charged at the moment for this upgrade. We will first try to book a 1st class seat for you and if so you will pay the difference upon arrival. We will notify you via email.
Cancellations received within 30 days of departure will incur a penalty of 100% of the e-train ticket’s value. Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% of the tour ticket’s value. Cancellations received within 24 hours of departure will incur a penalty of 100% of the tour ticket’s value. No shows forfeit the entire ticket’s value. Unused features, extras or add-ons are non-refundable.
I just traveled there with my friends just before my birthday and it was absolutely amazing. The bus was clean and comfortable, our guide super friendly and kind and always on time. Thank you Meteora Trip.
This tour company was amazing! The sprinter was brand new, comfortable and air conditioned. Our tour guide was the sweetest young lady. I would highly recommend this tour company! You will not be disappointed!