Athens to Meteora in a Day
Athens to Meteora in a Day
2+ million annual Meteora visitors can’t be wrong. Discover why so many explorers flock to see the rocks that “hover on the air” every year, feasting their eyes and ears on the region’s rich history. Learn the truth about these gigantic rock pinnacles, ancient monastery ruins, and millennia-old secrets. A full day of adventure awaits.
Redeem your train e-ticket (we will email it to you after the booking’s confirmation) for the 07:20 departure from Athens railway station to Kalampaka and travel on your own. Embark on a scenic train ride through the Greek countryside and admire the beautiful landscapes. At 11:31 you will arrive at Kalampaka’s train station, where our tour guide will be waiting for you holding a signboard with your name. You will board in a comfortable Limo VIP minibus in order to begin an unforgettable tour in Meteora.
This tour will give you the chance to see all 6 monasteries and admire the interior of 3 of them. At 16:00 the bus will transfer you back to the town of Kalambaka. Enjoy an hour of free time to explore the center of Kalampaka on foot, visit one of the many cafes or restaurants and relax by observing and taking photos of Meteora.
The train back to Athens departs at 17:15. You will arrive in Athens at around 21:25.
- Roundtrip train tickets from Athens to Meteora
- Pick up/Drop off from Kalampaka’s train station
- English speaking local tour guide
- See all 6 monasteries and admire the interior of 3 of them
- Free Wi-Fi in the bus
- All taxes included
- Transfer to the Athens railway station
- Entrance fees of each monastery (3 EUR per person)
- Professional tour guide (available upon request)
- Personal travel insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
- Departure: Athens Railway Station at 7:20
- Meeting point: Kalampaka’s Train Station
- The monasteries of Meteora impose a strict dress code.
- Men must wear long trousers. Women must wear long skirts and cover their shoulders. *Skirts are also provided at the entrance of each monastery.
- The train e-tickets will be sent to your email after the booking’s confirmation.
1st Class Seats
The train e-tickets are issued on 2nd class seats. If you wish to upgrade them to 1st class seats you may choose to add to your basket the 1st Class Seats add-on that will pop-up on your screen before you complete the booking.
*1st class seats are often unavailable. You will not be charged at the moment for this upgrade. We will first try to book a 1st class seat for you and if so you will pay the difference upon arrival. We will notify you via email.
Cancellations received within 30 days of departure will incur a penalty of 100% of the e-train ticket’s value. Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% of the tour ticket’s value. Cancellations received within 24 hours of departure will incur a penalty of 100% of the tour ticket’s value. No shows forfeit the entire tour ticket’s value. Unused features, extras or add-ons are non-refundable.
I just traveled there with my friends just before my birthday and it was absolutely amazing. The bus was clean and comfortable, our guide super friendly and kind and always on time. Thank you Meteora Trip.
This tour company was amazing! The sprinter was brand new, comfortable and air conditioned. Our tour guide was the sweetest young lady. I would highly recommend this tour company! You will not be disappointed!